Job Offer - Full Stack Developer
Location: Strasbourg, France
We're looking to grow our team of 7 persons. You're a good candidate if you're autonomous and like to tackle interesting software engineering problems.
In coordination with the rest of the tech team, you'll work on a new product derived from the Scalingo platform. Your daily work will be about building user facing features on top of other micro-services. From time to time, you will work on back-end related tasks. That's why a good knowledge of front-end *and* back-end technologies is mandatory. The front-end will be implemented with EmberJS.
Candidate will travel on a regular basis to attend conferences and meetups (mainly Europe).
This a broad view of our current stack: the dashboard is made with EmberJS, the CLI is a Go program, the API is a Ruby on Rails application talking to a fleet of micro-services mainly written in Go supported by nsq, etcd, MongoDB and, of course, Docker. We're eating our own dog food: every software we're developing is deployed on Scalingo.
- Collaborate with other members of the tech team to build features under the supervision of the CTO
- Collaborate with designers to iterate on the design as well as implementation of the product
- Build and test robust, well structured, fast and reusable components
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in the project's design and code reviews
- Answer support inquiries from customers
- Experience building web applications
- Familiarity with HTTP APIs
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Proficient in at least one of these languages: Ruby, Go, NodeJS. Ruby or Go is a plus.
- Proficient in at least one of these front-end frameworks: Vue, Angular, React. Vue is a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of Docker. Experience with Docker is a plus.
What we're building
Scalingo is a startup developping a Platform as a Service (PaaS) a cloud hosting platform.
Our mission is to make developer's daily life easier by providing on-demand software infrastructure without handling servers nor system administration knowledge.
Based in Strasbourg, France, we launched the service in 2015. We now have more than than 300 customers (50% FR, 40% EU, 10% Rest of the World).
Our culture is all about sharing and transparency. Scalingo contributes to the Open Source community. Much of our work is shared in conferences, meetups and articles.
As a nascent startup, we're all responsible of the product, the support, the happiness of our colleagues and the happiness of our customers.
Besides, we're strong believer in the lean and learning by doing approaches. Making mistake is part of the process. We take our time to train our colleagues and we're eager to learn new stuff.
We don't forget to be respectful. Our engineering team is based in Strasbourg, France. You will join a highly technical and product-driven team and contribute to what we aim to be the best Platform as a Service on the market.