We're looking to hire Employee #2 to complement our team. You're a good candidate if you're autonomous and like to tackle interesting software engineering problems.
In coordination with the rest of the team, you'll work on a new product derived from the Scalingo platform. Your daily work will be about building user facing features on top of other micro-services. From time to time, you will work on back-end related tasks. That's why a good knowledge of front-end *and* back-end technologies is mandatory. The front-end will be implemented with EmberJS.
Candidate will travel on a regular basis to attend conferences and meetups (mainly Europe).
This a broad view of our current stack: the dashboard is made with EmberJS, the CLI is a Go program, the API is a Ruby on Rails application talking to a fleet of micro-services mainly written in Go supported by nsq, etcd, MongoDB and, of course, Docker. We're eating our own dog food: every software we're developing is deployed on Scalingo.
- Collaborate with other team members to build features
- Collaborate with designers to iterate on the design as well as implementation of the product
- Build and test robust, well structured, fast and reusable components
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in the project's design and code reviews
- Answer support inquiries from customers
- Experience building web applications
- Familiarity with HTTP APIs
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Proficient in at least one of these languages: Ruby, Go, NodeJS. Ruby or Go is a plus.
- Proficient in at least one of these front-end frameworks: EmberJS, Angular, React. EmberJS is a plus.
- Basic Knowledge of Docker. Experience with Docker is a plus.